Director of Causality and Blue Sky Research
We are looking for a motivated and high-achieving Director of Causality and Blue Sky Research based in London to join the team on our vision to optimise every business on the planet. This is a full-time placement with significant opportunities for personal development.
We offer an intellectually stimulating environment, work within an interdisciplinary team and an inclusive culture. We are a high-calibre, mission-driven team building a technology that improves our world.
Roles and Responsibilities
This is an exciting role for a smart, creative person with a strong technical background to lead our Causality and Blue Sky Research efforts. Your work will include:
- Provide technical and strategic leadership and drive the research agenda across the organisation
- Lead and manage a team of research data scientists
- Coordinate the writing of academic papers, patents and grants
- Facilitate the implementation of research outcomes into the product
- Contribute to the presentation of research findings to customers and/or the general public
Current machine learning approaches have severe limitations when applied to real-world business problems and fail to unlock the true potential of AI for the enterprise. causaLens is pioneering Causal AI, a new category of intelligent machines that understand cause and effect - a major step towards true artificial intelligence. Our enterprise platform goes beyond predictions and provides causal insights and suggested actions that directly improve business outcomes for leading businesses in asset management, banking, insurance, logistics, retail, utilities, energy, telecommunications and many others.
We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as a peer.
causaLens in the News
- The opportunity to join a fast-growing, agile, and international team passionate about innovation and making a difference
- Competitive remuneration
- Share option scheme
- Pension scheme
- 32 days paid holiday allowance (incl. bank holidays)
- Equipment you need to get the job done (MacBook Pro etc.)
- Good work-life balance
- Opportunities for continued learning and self-development, including courses, conferences and book budget
- Flexible work-from-home and remote days
- Cycle to work scheme
- Weekly journal club and knowledge sharing presentations
- Regular team outings, pizza Thursdays and annual company retreats
- Fruits, snacks and soft drinks in the office
- Amazing, smart, fun and inspiring colleagues, always there to support your ideas, growth and enthusiasm
Our interview process consists of a couple of interviews and an on-site visit. We will do our best to transparently communicate the process with the successful candidates.
- PhD in a quantitative field (machine learning / computer science / statistics / physics / mathematics, or comparable)
- A minimum of 4 years of academic and/or industrial research experience post-PhD
- Strong machine learning publication record in high-impact research journals and conference proceedings
- Ability to demonstrate independent research ideas
- Experience leading a research team with a broad agenda
- Highly capable, self-motivated, collaborative and personable
- High integrity and drive
- Ability to effectively work independently in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to turn ideas into code is desired
- History of winning grants and building research consortiums is a plus
- Established collaborator network is a plus
- Patent experience is a plus