Engagement Director - Financial Services
causaLens is a rapidly growing business that is pioneering a new category of intelligent machines that understand cause and effect - this goes beyond predictions and provides causal insights and suggested actions that directly improve business outcomes for our clients. We are currently focussed on the asset management market and our technology also has applicability across a whole range of other sectors including banking, insurance, logistics, retail, utilities, energy, telecommunications.
As we continue to expand our business, we now require an Engagement Director to help us take advantage of the massive opportunity being presented by Causal AI within the asset management market and adjacent sectors. We need a dynamic, accomplished person with a proven track record in a similar ‘start-up to scale-up’ technology environment who is capable of contributing to the overall success of the business by owing our ‘in-life’ client relationships; helping them to realise the greatest possible value from our technology; delivering the highest possible levels of satisfaction and retention; and expanding our commercial relationship.
The ideal candidate will relish the breadth of responsibility required to work in a smaller organisation and will be solely responsible for all aspects of ‘in-life’ ownership of a client portfolio, having assumed this from the sales team during the contracting process and usually starting with their initial integration and onboarding. This is an unrivalled opportunity to start at an early stage and help shape a commercial function to deliver results for a business with huge growth aspirations.
We are committed to diversity and to ensuring that everyone feels at home and can contribute as a peer within the business.
- Help to establish an account management approach covering the end-to-end client lifecycle, from contract through to renewal, focussing on great service and client satisfaction
- Own and lead efforts to maximise client retention and initiatives to increase revenue expansion. This will include the realisation of revenue targets from existing clients
- Oversee client implementation and delivery projects from a commercial perspective
- Coordinate and act as the champion for the client throughout the organisation and particularly with functions that directly impact their experience: Sales; Legal; Applied Data Science; Product; Platform Operations; Support; Finance
- Implement a framework of client reporting and regular account and service reviews with the client to ensure that client business case benefits are being realised and to set targets for the future
- Implement ‘in-life’ metrics of client usage, incidents, satisfaction (etc) to provide lead indicators for propensity to renew/expand our relationship. Provide clear and concise internal reporting on client health, retention and expansion
- Act as the key point of escalation in all client incidents, problems and other account management matters
Current machine learning approaches have severe limitations when applied to real world business problems and fail to unlock the true potential of AI for the enterprise. causaLens is pioneering Causal AI, a new category of intelligent machines that understand cause and effect - a major step towards true artificial intelligence. Our enterprise platform goes beyond predictions and provides causal insights and suggested actions that directly improve business outcomes for leading businesses in asset management, banking, insurance, logistics, retail, utilities, energy, telecommunications and many others.
Best Deeptech Company 2019 - Artificial Intelligence Awards
- ‘Meet causaLens, a Predictive AI For Hedge Funds, Banks, Tech Companies’ – Yahoo Finance
- ‘The U.K.’s Most Exciting AI Startups Race To Scale’ - Forbes
- ‘AllianzGI Taps Virtual Data Scientists amid War for Talent’ - Financial Times
- ‘Machine Learning Companies to watch in Europe’ - Forbes
- ‘Best Investment in Deeptech’ award - UK Business Angels Association awards
- ‘100 Most Disruptive UK Companies’ - Hotwire
- ‘causaLens Appoints Hedge Fund Veteran and Data Leaders to Advisory Board’ - Newswire
- The opportunity to join a fast-growing, agile, and international team passionate about innovation and making a difference
- Competitive remuneration
- Share option scheme
- Pension scheme
- 32 days paid holiday allowance (incl. bank holidays)
- Equipment you need to get the job done (MacBook Pro etc.)
- Good work-life balance
- Opportunities for continued learning and self-development, including courses, conferences and book budget
- Flexible work-from-home and remote days
- Cycle to work scheme
- Weekly journal club and knowledge sharing presentations
- Regular team outings, pizza Thursdays and annual company retreats
- Fruits, snacks and soft drinks in the office
- Amazing, smart, fun and inspiring colleagues, always there to support your ideas, growth and enthusiasm
Our interview process consists of interviews and a "Day 0" which is spent with the team. Normally the Day 0 takes place on-site but for the time being, they will take place online.
We will do our best to transparently communicate the process with successful candidates.
- Demonstrable experience of independently owning and managing client relationships, leading the complex deployment of AI solutions within financial services, with a commercial value of up to £1M (ARR) per account
- Adores interacting with other people and who has a real talent for establishing trusted relationships with others. Passionate about the delivery of a world-class client experience and be capable of aligning organisations towards client-centric goals
- Very structured and organised, with strong project management skills and the ability to influence strategic decision-making through confident, detailed analysis and constructive challenge
- A clear understanding of the end-to-end client lifecycle and how different stakeholder groups contribute towards customer success at various stages.
- Highly numerate and accomplished in the definition and interpretation of success metrics as indicators for customer satisfaction, retention and expansion
- Proven ability to structure commercial proposals and close commercial deals, hit expansion and retention targets and deliver and manage profitable, long term contracts
- Familiarity with service management frameworks and standards such as ITIL
- Experience of asset managers (and/or adjacent industry sectors) and of working within fast growth technology businesses with a high proportion of engineering and academic talent would be distinct advantages