causaLens is a rapidly growing business that is pioneering a new category of intelligent machines that understand cause and effect - this goes beyond predictions and provides causal insights and suggested actions that directly improve business outcomes for our clients. We are currently focussed on the asset management market and our technology also has applicability across a whole range of other sectors including banking, insurance, logistics, retail, utilities, energy, telecommunications.
As we continue to scale our business, we now need to add a Finance Director to the team with a broad base of responsibilities spanning Finance, HR, Legal and Facilities. We are passionate about our team, our collective development and the culture that pervades throughout the organisation; as a member of the management team this role also has an important part to play in living and promoting our values. The successful candidate will thrive on the challenge of building out a range of critical functions within a fast-growing technology business, as well as contributing to the overall strategic and operational direction of the business by exerting broader influence and imparting their experience from other roles.
We are committed to diversity and are committed to ensuring that everyone feels at home and can contribute as a peer within the business.
Finance: In-source and develop accounting and statutory reporting functions; management of corporate and investment activities; enhance FP&A and budget management capabilities; take ownership for the production of metrics and reporting across the business to improve management decision-making, particularly as we build out our Marketing, Growth and Sales capabilities; implement a strong business partnering approach to utilise and impart commercial and management expertise across the business.
Human Resources: Deliver a productive, safe, challenging and enjoyable environment for the whole team; work with the rest of the management team to define organisational development, recruitment and onboarding to scale the team with high quality talent; develop team culture and values as the organisation grows rapidly in multiple territories.
Legal & Compliance: own the legal aspects of all corporate, client and supplier relationships, including effective contracts management; take the lead on commercial and legal negotiations; advise internal stakeholders on commercial and legal best practice; take ownership for effective business controls, legal/regulatory compliance and risk management; take ownership and manage the commercial aspects of all supplier relationships.
Facilities: ensure that safe, differentiated and cost-effective physical working environments are available for the whole team, including the increased need for distributed, home and flexible places to work; manage buildings leases; make sure that all offices have high quality services and sufficient consumables; and that all equipment is maintained to ensure the smooth operation of the environments.
Current machine learning approaches have severe limitations when applied to real world business problems and fail to unlock the true potential of AI for the enterprise. causaLens is pioneering Causal AI, a new category of intelligent machines that understand cause and effect - a major step towards true artificial intelligence. Our enterprise platform goes beyond predictions and provides causal insights and suggested actions that directly improve business outcomes for leading businesses in asset management, banking, insurance, logistics, retail, utilities, energy, telecommunications and many others.
causaLens in the News
- As well as the opportunity to join a fast-growing, agile, international team that is passionate about innovation and making a difference, we have competitive remuneration and pension benefits plus:
- Opportunities for continued learning and self-development, including courses,
conferences and book budget
- Weekly journal club and knowledge sharing presentations
- Active social calendar including regular team outings, pizza Thursdays and annual company retreats
- Encouragement of a great work/life balance that includes flexible work-from-home
and remote days
- Cycle to work scheme
- Fruits, snacks and soft drinks in the office
- 32 days paid holiday allowance (incl. bank holidays)
- Equipment you need to get the job done (MacBook Pro etc.)
- Amazing, smart, fun and inspiring colleagues, always there to support your ideas, growth and enthusiasm!
Our interview process consists of 2 screening interviews and a "Day 0" which is spent with the team. Normally the Day 0 takes place on-site but for the time being they will take place online.
We will do our best to transparently communicate the process with the successful candidates.
- Preference will be given to candidates with membership of the ICEAW CA or ACCA and a university degree
- Experience of leading and progression within high-performing finance functions across a range of businesses, particularly scale-ups and SMEs. The provision and use of metrics, forecasting and analysis to improve company performance.
- Exposure to managing businesses on an international basis, including understanding of group accounting operational and taxation structures would also be a distinct advantage
- Engagement in corporate development activities and thorough practical knowledge of working with venture capital, private equity and strategic investors
- Exposure to a range of company board and executive meetings, including active involvement in their management
- Expertise in the management of a successful a HR function and promotion of a strong company culture that maximises belongingness and the wellbeing of a diverse and talented team
- Experience of negotiating complex commercial and corporate legal agreements and the management of external counsel to do the same where required
- Highly structured and organised, with the ability to influence strategic decision-making through confident, detailed analysis and constructive challenge
- Familiarity of working within fast growth technology businesses with a high proportion of engineering and academic talent
- Must display a real talent to engage and influence people at all levels of the organisation with exemplary interpersonal and communication skills